sábado, outubro 23, 2004

A Child's Theological Points to Ponder

At lunchtime, Rebeca picked at her food. ''Eat more," we said, "so you can grow big and strong."

Later, while she was drawing, she said, "When I die I will go up to heaven."

"Do you want to go to heaven?'' I asked.

"Yes," She said.

"What do you think there is up there in heaven?" I asked her.

"Fruits."

"You're probably right," I said. "Do you think God likes fruit?"

"Yes. But God doesn't eat," She said.

"No?"

"No! He can't eat!"

"Why not? What if God wanted to eat?"

"No, He can't eat. Because God is already very big and very very strong. If He eats, He can't get bigger and stronger, because He's already bigger than anything. So if He ate, He would start to get smaller and smaller instead. So that's why God doesn't eat."

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

...sounds logical to me. I love the way kids think things through.

2:53 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home