sexta-feira, outubro 01, 2004

Gallup Hair Poll

Well, you will know I am not a resident of the United States when I tell you that tonight was the first time I saw John Kerry on TV. (A recent visitor from the US noted that this fact was also obvious because half the time we accidentally call Bush's opponent "Jim Carey'' instead of John. We are overwhelmingly surrounded with the world of Lula, and not with the world of Bush vs. Kerry).

I saw some snippits of the Bush - Kerry debates, and thought I would impress you all with my well-roundedness, or objectivity, or whatever you want to call it. Though you all know that I'm not a huge Bush fan, I have always tried to see the good in everyone, even people I don't really like. So, I wanted to state that I have observed one aspect in which Bush is clearly superior to Kerry. And that is his hair.

Bush's hair really isn't all that spectacular, but it's good, decent hair, that does its job of covering the head without looking garrish or disturbing. Kerry's hair, however, made me think he might make a good butler in a cheesy 80's movie about a haunted house, or something. I felt he sounded significantly more intelligent in the debates than his counterpart, but it was hard to listen to his words because a) they were dubbed over in Portuguese, and b) I was overwhelmed with the urge to buy a set of electric hair clippers and mail them to him.

And my candidate, I have to say, has the least suave appearance of all. But I guess that's part of Nader's image or ''charm'' (if it can be called that). I don't think he shops at Nordstrom's or spends much time thinking about his hair.

10 Comments:

Blogger serapio said...

There's something about his chin that's vaguely disturbing too.

I still haven't seen the Bush-Kerry debate, but today I watched the much publicized Badnarik-Cobb debate. (For those of you that don't get US political news, that's the Libertarian and Green candidates.) Badnarik seems like a much better public figure, but he did show his Libertarian color. (Though not as much as I recall of other Libertarians). Cobb, on the other hand, seemed like a seminary student delivering his first sermon, but the things he was saying quite impressed me.

9:46 PM  
Blogger serapio said...

his chin = Kerry's chin
Nader's chin is crooked, but that's okay. Mine is too.

9:49 PM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

I didn't know your chin was crooked. My ears are different heights, though, and I'm one sexy mama, so symetry isn't everything.

11:09 AM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

Does Badnarik think everyone should have the right to have an oozie?

11:11 AM  
Blogger slowlane said...

You're a mama?

12:49 PM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

Only to my cat, my turtle (and, unfortunately my bat, mouse, ants, slugs, snails, and cockroaches).

And garden-dream-boy, thanks for the info on Cobb, I will have to look at him and decide between him and Nader. So far I've noticed that his hair isn't disturbing, which is good. Now I'll have to look at his stance on the issues.

6:37 PM  
Blogger slowlane said...

Issues! Voting based on issues! How radical.

7:58 PM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

If I was to vote based on hair, I'd vote for the Libertarian candidate Spudnik, or whatever his name is. He had good hair and didn''t look dorky. But I''m concerned about what he believes in as far as oozies go.

7:45 AM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

I just watched the Badnarik/Cobb debates. I was encouraged by the presence of the 15 people who appear to have attended, together we can CHANGE THIS COUNTRY!!!! All 16 of us!!!

I think I'm voting for Cobb. (I was right about Badnarik and his oozies).

10:57 AM  
Blogger serapio said...

I bet those 15 people were very influential people, you know. Not just anyone can get a ticket to a presidential debate.

11:12 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home