segunda-feira, março 31, 2008

Time to Eat Ants!!!


Here it has started to rain. "Summer" has ended. What I mean is, when I step outside to take my laundry off the line, instead of getting drenched with sweat I get drenched by torrential downpours.

After the first rain, the skies begin to swarm with... food! It is called tanajura, which is Portuguese for "flying-ants-with-big-butts-that-you-fry-up-and-eat-with-cous-cuz". Yum.

Some people take off the legs, but some people are too lazy to do that, or the legs just don't really bother them that much (as pictured here). One does have to floss afterward in this case.

7 Comments:

Blogger slowlane said...

You have a way of making it sound so appetizing.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Vicki Carroll said...

Eeewwwwww!

6:30 PM  
Blogger serapio said...

Are they butter-butts or something different?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Damian said...

Wowza those are some big ants.

I'm guessing that the original eater of those ants was acting mostly out of self defense.

2:29 PM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

In answer to Serapio, I don't know if they are the same "Butter-butts" as in Colombia. They do taste buttery as opposed to minty, however.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Devin said...

In California the tastiest ants in my opinion are the grey field ants, Formica aerata. They have a tangy flavor if you can bite them just before they bite you.

I eat about a dozen a week. Doctors say they can cure various diseases. Don't you believe me? Haven't you heard of antbiotics?

Devin

9:01 PM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

Hah, hah!!! I can tell somehow that you are related to my father...

9:29 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home