segunda-feira, março 31, 2008

Most Creative Wedding Gifts, part 1


This is our new set of sheets. We got them as a present for our wedding. Since Brazilians generally do not put their names on the presents they give, we may never know who gave us this gift.

I gather though, from the barbed-wire and spray-paint (or blood?) Life-Life-Life motif, that the giver wanted to emphasize not the romantic view of marriage (which would substitute, perhaps, doves or hearts in the place of the aforementioned design), but the nitty-gritty aspect. One cannot avoid being reminded of a "life term" or perhaps of the Berlin Wall. The tree-like objects seem to be mustard plants or maybe anis-seed. Perhaps the readers can help me with the symbolism there, as I am uncertain of its meaning.

3 Comments:

Blogger serapio said...

Yikes! This doesn't give you nightmares?

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anônimo said...

Oh, my. The idea of not identifying yourself when giving gifts adds a whole new dimension --just think of how much more interesting shopping becomes. On the other hand, re-gifting is more complicated. I hope the sheets are at least very comfortable!
Auntie Claire

8:35 AM  
Blogger caedmonstia said...

Actually, they are a little scratchy. But the good thing is I get the urge to laugh while I am making the bed.

5:07 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home